I thought I would be able to get away with two blog posts but alas, here we are. Because I already wrapped things up in my last post, I thought I would leave you all with some interesting facts about France:
- France and England briefly considered becoming one nation when faced with German invasion in 1940. Naturally, this idea did not last very long.
- France has the highest number of roundabouts in the world. Their 30,000 accounts for over half of the roundabouts in the world.
- England and France were on the same time zone before World War II. After the German occupation in 1940, France was forced to align with German time. This has yet to be revisited.
- With the president’s permission, it is possible to marry a dead person in France.
- President Charles de Gaulle made it into the Guinness Book of World Records for surviving 32 assassination attempts, more than anyone in the world.
- With one in five people suffering from depression, France is the most depressed country in the world.
With that I bid you all adieu.