Caroline’ 2nd Blog

Hello again, its Caroline.
Since my last blog, a lot has happened. I’m mostly going to talk about the recent trip to Paris and Brittany.
Lycée Victor Hugo has been on vacation, going back to school next week, which gave me opportunities to travel to cities nearby.
For a few days, I stayed with Maud’s relative and Maud. We visited different monuments in Brittany like “Fort la Latte” and “Le Cap Fréhel.” My favorite place we visited was “Mont Saint Michel.”

It was huge and so cool. We got to see bows and canons.
A few days later, with my whole host family, we went to Paris, a 3-hour drive. We primarily went because the mother, Carole Calvé, runs marathons and the ParisMarathon2019 was being hosted.
The marathon was huge. First, we went to check in and I took these pictures. There were so many sporty stores and cool things to try. Like the 4D virtual reality on a roller coaster.

This was the route the runners took.

We visited during the time in Paris places like the Arch of Triumph and Notre-Dame Cathedral. It is crazy how much more significant places Paris has compared to Seattle. Unfortunately, we didn’t get to see everything but we took an hour boat ride on the Seine river and saw many monuments and got a lot of history. I learned that the Eiffel Tower is painted brown every 7 years.
We actually saw the Cathedral one day before it started to burn. When we arrived back in Chateau-Gontier, we saw the tragedy on the news.

Thank you for reading this and I hope you take something away from this.